Which will it be for your home, a metal or asphalt shingle roof? There are several compelling reasons to select either one. You have to ask yourself what kind of roof you want for your house, what’s best for your area, and how much money you have to spend on it. As a local Cherry Hill roofing contractor, we are going to take an in-depth look at these two roofing options for your home.
Metal and shingle roofs are highly popular and available in a range of designs and colors. Both are also appropriate for any architectural style. They are both financially efficient options in their own right. Finally, both products have a low environmental impact because to their use of recycled materials. However, this is the extent to which the two are comparable.
Some Facts about Metal Roofing
- Depending on the quality, shingles can last anywhere from 15 to 30 years. Metal may survive for 50 years or more. These facts are represented in the guarantees you receive.
- Metal may be made to seem like shingles, clay, or stone as well as sheet shape. It also comes in a variety of textures and designs. Shingles lack these capacities.
- Unlike shingles, it does not fracture, shrink, or degrade.
- Metal can survive hail, strong gusts of up to 140 mph, and large snow loads, whereas shingles would almost definitely collapse or incur serious damage.
- It is not flammable, and sparks will not ignite it.
- Metal roofs may save up to 40% or more on energy costs every year. Shingles provide no energy savings.
- Metal roofing really improves the value of your property, whereas shingles do not.
- Metal roofing has a far higher percentage of recyclable materials than shingles.
- Metal roofing does not include petroleum compounds, which are the main component of asphalt shingles.
- It roofing lasts so long that it does not overrun landfills like shingle roof tear-off debris. This also implies that metal roofs do not share the fuel used to take away shingles.
- Shingle roofs weigh twice as much as metal roofs.
- Metal roofs are more expensive to acquire at first, but their sustainability and long life make them less costly in the long term.
- Metal roofs may be readily put on top of shingle roofs, which may need to be taken off and disposed of to make way for a new shingle roof.
Take these facts into account whether you are presently researching roofing alternatives or believe you will be in the near future. While asphalt shingle roofing for your home in Cherry Hill is less expensive to purchase, the benefits of a metal roof cannot be overstated. They are becoming incredibly common as a replacement for shingles. As a result, metal roofing is now more widespread than ever before on newly constructed dwellings. After all, humans have been utilizing metal for roofing for over 2000 years.
Goralski Roofing assures competent and experienced client service and total satisfaction, beginning with competitive price, a limitless selection of roofing products, styles, and colors, and continuing through final cleanup and approval. Quality craftsmanship and design are essential, and we go above and above with innovative maintenance plans, extended warranties, and excellent customer service to ensure our clients’ happiness and the long-term functioning of their roof. Call today to obtain an estimate.